Top 3 Reasons To Join Us
- Attractive salary and quarterly recognition bonus.
- Health care, PVI insurance, 15 days annual leaves.
- Flexible working time, offer English & IT courses.
- BI Technology, Big Data, Cloud Computing.
We are seeking experienced Manager of Software Engineering to join projects of our partner – GoodData company (www.gooddata.com). GoodData is a software company headquartered in San Francisco, United States. GoodData was rated a Top 50 Private Cloud companies to work for by Battery Ventures and Glassdoor. Forrester identifies GoodData as a strong performer in The Forrester Wave together with Amazon, Microsoft, Oracle.
The company markets business intelligence (BI) and big data analytics software for cloud computing. The value of GoodData extends far beyond immediate customers through the analytics provided by leading SaaS and technology companies that utilize the platform. The network is made up of more than 40,000 global businesses across tech, retail, e-commerce, travel, healthcare, digital media, entertainment and financial services.
What You Will Do
As a Manager of Software Engineering, you will manage engineering teams responsible for the design, implementation, testing and integration of software and firmware products for our platform. You will provide direction and coordination for new technology programs and ensure the successful development and delivery of projects. As part of this role, you will also be responsible for mentoring and developing your team members’ career paths.
- Provide leadership to a diverse group of talented engineers across software, application development and cloud services — communicate high-level strategy and product vision, encourage discussions, promote cross-functional projects to drive the shipping of high quality code into production and on time completion of projects.
- Influence the team’s success through people leadership skills.
- Grow your team — work with recruiting to source, hire, and onboard talented and passionate engineers.
Your Skills and Experience
- You are a leader who can motivate technical teams to design, test and ship maintainable code within a fast-paced, collaborative production environment.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, exceptional communication skills , and wisdom gained from building and leading teams responsible for large scale projects.
- You LOVE guiding and mentoring engineers along their career path — whether they are a seasoned veteran or a recent college graduate.
- You are team-oriented, know how to communicate and be a good listener.
- You are open minded, transparent, be able to show compassion and adaptable.
- You are self-aware and dependable.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science.
- Significant experience managing teams of software engineers (5+ years experience management in software engineering environment; 8+ years overall experience).
- Experience with agile development methodologies and leading a team in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Understanding of computer science principles including data structures, programming languages, operating systems, software engineering, databases, hardware, or networking.
- Working proficiency in English.
- Hands-on experience with Java, REST API design, distributed systems, cloud based solutions, databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Vertica) is a plus.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
1. Learning & Development
We provide opportunities for you to develop within our organisation. We design training programs that meet your needs and organisation’s need. We also contribute cost to English and IT courses/certificates.
2. Pleasure Environment
We create friendly working environment with flexible working time and competitive salary. You can attend various team building activities, such as, party, sport, picnic, etc. with cost contribution from organisation.
3. Recognition & Rewards
In addition to base salary, we recognise our outstanding performers through various incentive arrangements that apply across the business. It’s our way of saying thank you for consistently being driven and positive.
- 13th salary is paid before Lunar New Year.
- Quarterly review bonus.
- English and IT courses.
- Sport cost for employee (badminton, football, swimming, etc.)
- Overseas/Domestic Company trip, and regular team building activities.
- 15 days annual leaves, working Monday – Friday.
- Premium health care & insurance programs.
- Annual health check-up.
- Free parking fee for your bike.