Top 3 Reasons To Join Us
- Attractive salary and quarterly recognition bonus.
- Health care, PVI insurance, 15 days annual leaves.
- Flexible working time, offer English & IT courses.
We are seeking an experienced operations engineer to join our Applications Back-end DevOps team and work for our partner – GoodData company ( www.gooddata.com ) . GoodData is a software company headquartered in San Francisco, United States. GoodData was rated a Top 50 Private Cloud companies to work for by Battery Ventures and Glassdoor. Forrester identifies GoodData as a strong performer in The Forrester Wave together with Amazon, Microsoft, Oracle . The company markets business intelligence (BI) and big data analytics software for cloud computing . The value of GoodData extends far beyond immediate customers through the analytics provided by leading SaaS and technology companies that utilize the platform. The network is made up of more than 40,000 global businesses across tech, retail, e-commerce, travel, healthcare, digital media, entertainment and financial services.
The successful candidate should be an enthusiastic professional who is deeply interested in cutting edge technologies and is able to learn new things quickly.
Successful candidate will work closely with the SCRUM teams developing the ETL pipeline and should not be scared of joining the team to work on some stories. Quite commonly this would include Puppet recipes and tooling creation, but might be also some Java coding. The role could be viewed as an OS and operations expert for skilled Java coding team.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop and maintain configuration and tooling
- Deploy new software versions (includes development of Puppet recipes)
- Solve customer support issues
- Ensure integration with underlying cloud platform and with logging, monitoring and alerting systems
- Meet high availability and performance goals according to our SLA
- Maintain and contribute to improvement of GoodData security measures
- You’ll rotate in 24×7 operations of production environment (week duty once per 5-8 weeks)
You should have
- Hands-on experience with Linux and its operations (CentOS).
- Hands-on experience with networking, preferably in cloud based environment (OpenStack private cloud)
- Development experience with Perl/Python/Puppet scripting language and willing to learn other programming languages. Be ready to write a code, make it a tooling in Python/Perl, deployment automation in Puppet or occasionally and optionally Java code with SCRUM team (ETL pipeline is written in Java).
- Love for automation as we prefer more fun work than manual systems updates
- JVM and Linux tuning experience is a plus
- Docker experience is a plus
Why You’ll Love Working Here
1. Learning & Development
We provide opportunities for you to develop within our organisation. We design training programs that meet your needs and organisation’s need. We also contribute cost to English and IT courses/certificates.
2. Pleasure Environment
We create friendly working environment with flexible working time and competitive salary. You can attend various team building activities, such as, party, sport, picnic, etc. with cost contribution from organisation.
3. Recognition & Rewards
In addition to base salary, we recognise our outstanding performers through various incentive arrangements that apply across the business. It’s our way of saying thank you for consistently being driven and positive.
- 13th salary is paid before Lunar New Year.
- Quarterly review bonus.
- English and IT courses.
- Sport cost for employee (badminton, football, swimming, etc.)
- Overseas/Domestic Company trip, and regular team building activities.
- 15 days annual leaves, working Monday – Friday.
- Premium health care & insurance programs.
- Annual health check-up.
- Free parking fee for your bike.